A £2.6m project to implement a BMS in a 270,000 sqft building in the International Quarter, the new commercial district on the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Scope of project
To undertake the shell and core refurbishment and CAT B fit-out works of a 270,000 sqft building and implement an efficient Building Management System to control secondary distribution of campus-wide LPHW & CHW provided by Engie to building specific heat exchangers to meet local demand for air handling units, active chilled beams, fan coil units, trench heating and HWS plant.
Electracom is the preferred supply chain partner for Lendlease Construction and London & Continental Railways.
Electracom strongly believe that early engagement with the construction team allows a collaborative working environment and formation of an integrated supply chain to ensure there is no scope gap between the various third party contractors under the management of the main contractor and successful delivery of the project.
Electracom used the pre-construction period positively to:
- develop the project M&E interface schedules;
- instigate workshops with the various plant manufacturers and suppliers to determine if off-site fabrication could be realised or if alternative delivery methodology would realise benefit to the client and to the team.
Benefits provided by Electracom:
- Design development of the BMS control enabled off-site testing and witnessing, reducing site workface time and allowing final installation to have minimal snags.
- Split team to look after the Landlord plant and the fit-out space to ensure the simultaneous delivery of the CAT B installation with in excess of 160 cellular spaces, demand ventilation (CO2), AV integration (Creston), and extensive metering and the shell and core.
- The successful delivery of this project has allowed negotiation of further plots totalling 620,000 sqft on this site.
Summary of works:
- 9 motor control panels
- 3 plant control enclosures
- 20 riser control enclosures
- Trend main plant control
- Local active chilled beam controls & intelligent
- actuation of trench heating PICV’s
- Local fan coil unit controls
- CAV box control
- Building-wide leak detection
- 340 meters comprising heat (LPHW & CHW), water, gas, electricity